The Other - Lo otro


The Other

I had slept well that night.

I got out of bed after the alarm clock had spent what felt like an eternity hammering at my ears.

My wife had left early and was no longer at home.

I had breakfast and stepped outside.

Instead of heading towards the garage, however, my legs refused to obey me.

They carried me away in the opposite direction, moving at an astonishing speed.

They came to an abrupt stop at a bus stop.

I wanted to turn back.

My legs would not move.

Not an inch.

When the bus arrived, they carried me aboard.

The driver waited for me to pay my fare.

I told him I wanted to get off.

But my legs remained rooted to the floor of the bus.

In the end, I had no choice but to pay.

Three stops later, my legs started moving again.

They led me to a street just fifteen minutes from home.

Then they carried me up the stairs to the roof of a nearby building.

There, I saw something that took my breath away.

In the building opposite...

my wife stood naked before a man I had never seen before.








Lo otro

Aquella noche había dormido bien.

Me levanté después de que el despertador no dejara de martillearme los oídos.

Mi mujer había madrugado y ya no estaba en casa.

Desayuné y salí a la calle.

Pero, en lugar de dirigirme al garaje, mis piernas dejaron de obedecerme.

Echaron a andar en dirección contraria, a una velocidad asombrosa.

Se detuvieron en seco frente a una parada de autobús.

Quise volver.

Mis piernas no se movieron.

Ni un milímetro.

Cuando llegó el autobús, me hicieron subir.

El conductor esperaba que pagara el billete.

Le dije que quería bajar.

Pero mis piernas permanecían clavadas al suelo del autobús.

Al final, no tuve más remedio que pagar.

Tres paradas después, volvieron a ponerse en marcha.

Me llevaron hasta una calle situada a quince minutos de casa.

Después me hicieron subir hasta la azotea de un edificio cercano.

Allí vi algo que me dejó sin aliento.

En el edificio de enfrente...

mi mujer estaba desnuda frente a un hombre al que nunca había visto.




Comments

  1. Ouf! Quién quedó más sorprendido: la mujer o el esposo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supongo que el marido. Nunca pensó que 'lo otro' pudiera tener el sexto sentido de saber lo que estaba ocurriendo.
    Muchas gracias Anna por tus comentarios. Eres muy amable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

minutorelatos.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmines - Jazmines

Sparks of Light - Chispitas de luz