The Door - La puerta


The Door

From above, I watch them wheel into the crematorium the coffin in which my body lies.

Then twenty tongues of flame begin to caress it.

My cells scream, begging for it all to stop. They do not know what is about to happen to them. Within seconds, the temperature rises above a thousand degrees.

Outside, I see my loved ones: some are crying, others whispering, and one of them stares into space, trying to guess where I am.

Then something extraordinary happens.

From each of my cells, another identical cell detaches itself. One by one, they slowly become transparent until they vanish from mortal sight. Yet I can still see that they are alive.

They move toward me and take their places until they form my new body.

A body of light, free of every burden.

When everything is over, someone places the ashes in an urn and hands it to my relatives.

Wailing and emptiness.

A door appears, and beyond it I see a brilliant light.

I do not know what to do.

I feel myself drawn toward it, and at the same time faint shining threads begin to emerge from my body and link me to my loved ones.

The light intensifies until it fills the whole space.

I wake up in an operating room. 


 

 



La puerta

Veo desde arriba cómo introducen en el crematorio el ataúd en el que descansa mi cadáver.

Después, veinte lenguas de fuego comienzan a acariciarlo.

Mis células gritan, pidiendo que todo se detenga. Ignoran lo que está a punto de ocurrirles. En unos segundos, la temperatura supera los mil grados.

Fuera veo a mis seres queridos: unos lloran, otros susurran algo, y alguno mantiene la mirada perdida, tratando de adivinar dónde estoy.

Entonces sucede algo extraordinario.

De cada una de mis células se desprende otra idéntica. Poco a poco, se va haciendo transparente hasta desaparecer a la vista de los mortales. Pero yo sigo viendo que está viva.

Se acercan a mí y van ocupando su lugar hasta formar mi nuevo cuerpo.

Un cuerpo de luz, libre de toda carga.

Cuando todo termina, alguien deposita las cenizas en una urna y se la entrega a mis familiares.

Llantos y vacío.

Aparece una puerta, y al fondo se ve una luz brillante.

No sé qué hacer.

Me siento impulsado hacia ella y, al mismo tiempo, empiezan a surgir de mi cuerpo unos tenues hilos luminosos que me unen a mis seres queridos.

La luz se intensifica hasta ocuparlo todo.

Me despierto en un quirófano.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparks of Light - Chispitas de luz

Walking Through Hell - Transitar por el infierno