Caged in My Feelings - Enjaulado en mis sentimientos

 Caged in My Feelings

It all began the day I was born.

My mother gave birth to me in the sea. As I emerged from her womb, the sight of the aquamarine waters and the powerful taste of the sea became forever engraved in my consciousness. The scent of salt and the endless presence of the ocean have never left me—not until today.

My father held me by my feet and turned me upside down. My brain rebelled, and in that instant my conscious self became forever entangled with my subconscious in an Oedipal struggle that lasted until the day my father died.

Afterwards, I was forced to fight countless battles in a hostile and merciless world.

Years after my father's death, my beloved mother succumbed to a long and painful illness, leaving me utterly alone. Whenever life conspired to exhaust the little strength I had left to survive, the aquamarine sea and its salty breath returned to comfort me.

At the bottom of the sea, among the turquoise waters where I had been born, I always found the peace that life itself had denied me.

Until today.

In moments of despair, I learned to slip quietly into the past and speak with the dead.

They were strange souls, strangers to me, pleading for my help to return to the world of the living.

As I wandered through the underworld, I often wondered why I could never find my father.

Then, by chance, after turning a corner in that ghostly realm, I finally saw him.

I asked for his forgiveness.

He was waiting for me with open arms, an infinite smile illuminating his face.

Then, to my astonishment, my mother appeared behind him.

Only then did I discover her true nature.

She was a mermaid.

She had never revealed it to me.

Her love for my father had led her to abandon her true form and live as a woman before the eyes of the world—including mine.

My mother, blessed with boundless kindness, painted every day in shades of blue, and within her hands she carried all the happiness in the universe.

Everything ends today.

Today, the Nameless One came to visit me.

He has erased every one of my memories.

He allowed me only a single moment to bid them farewell.

Today...

I am nothing.


 


Enjaulado en mis sentimientos

Fue al nacer cuando ocurrió. 

Mi madre me dio a luz en el mar. Cuando me deslizaba a través de la vagina, la imagen de estar entre aguas de color aguamarina y un fuerte sabor a mar penetraron en mi conciencia para siempre. Esa sensación de mar, de aire salado, no me ha abandonado, hasta hoy. 

Mi padre me sujetó por los pies, y me puso boca abajo. Mi cerebro protestó, y en aquel momento mi ser consciente compartió con mi subconsciente el complejo de Edipo hasta que mi padre murió. 

Muchas guerras tuve que librar después en un mundo hostil y despiadado. Años después de la muerte de mi padre, mi madre, amantísima, sucumbió a una larga y penosa enfermedad, y me dejó solo. Las aguamarinas y el sabor a mar vinieron a consolarme, como ocurría siempre que los acontecimientos se conjuraban para acabar con mis pocas energías para sobrevivir. 

En el fondo marino, en las aguas turquesa entre las que nací, encontraba la paz que me negaba la existencia. 

Hasta hoy.

En momentos de desesperación, aprendí a entrar con sigilo en el pasado para hablar con los muertos. 

Muertos extraños, ajenos, que me pedían que les ayudara a regresar al mundo de los vivos. 

Cuando vagaba por el submundo, me preguntaba cómo no podía encontrar a mi padre. 

Y casualmente, en uno de los encuentros fantasmales, al volver la esquina del submundo, apareció él, y le pedí perdón. 

Me esperaba con los brazos abiertos y una sonrisa infinita iluminaba su rostro. 

Para mi sorpresa, tras mi padre, apareció mi madre, y entonces descubrí su verdadera naturaleza. 

Era una sirena y nunca me lo había revelado. 

Su amor por mi padre hizo que abandonara su verdadera naturaleza para aparecer como una mujer ante las miradas de todo el mundo, incluso la mía. 

Mi madre, bendecida con la bondad, escribía los días con sentimientos azules, y sus manos contenían toda la felicidad del universo.

Hoy ha terminado todo. 

Hoy ha venido a visitarme el innombrable y acaba de borrar todos mis recuerdos. 

Solo me ha dejado un instante para despedirme de ellos. Hoy...

 soy la nada.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmines - Jazmines

Sparks of Light - Chispitas de luz