Abandonment - Desamparo


Abandonment

He is young.

He is dirty.

He has a beard.

He is dressed in rags.

The few times I have tried to approach him, he quickens his pace, as though expecting an insult or fearing that I might hurt him.

His sadness moves me.

Whenever I walk through that park, I see him.

Never sitting.

Always wandering, carrying a plastic bag that, I imagine, holds everything he owns.

I often wonder where he sleeps.

The street is probably his only refuge.

Now, every night, before I say goodbye to the day, I think of him...

and silently wish that he is safe.




Desamparo

Es joven.

Está sucio.

Tiene barba.

Viste harapos.

Las pocas veces que he intentado acercarme, acelera el paso, como si esperara un insulto o temiera que pudiera hacerle daño.

Me conmueve su tristeza.

Siempre que cruzo ese parque lo veo.

Nunca sentado.

Siempre deambulando, con una bolsa de plástico que, imagino, contiene todo cuanto posee.

A menudo me pregunto dónde dormirá.

La calle será, probablemente, su único refugio.

Ahora, cada noche, antes de despedirme del día, pienso en él...

y, en silencio, le deseo que esté bien.




Comments

  1. Se ven más y más, esas almas desamparadas que no tienen raíz ni hogar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias, Anna, por dedicar tu tiempo a la lectura de estos relatos, y por tus amables comentarios.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

minutorelatos.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmines - Jazmines

Sparks of Light - Chispitas de luz