The Visit of Infinity - La visita del infinito


The visit of infinity

I woke up early, as I did every morning, ready to go to work.

When I tried to sit up, I realised I couldn't move.

For a moment I thought I was still dreaming.

"Wake up," I told myself.

I looked up at the ceiling. Then my eyes wandered across the pictures on the walls, towards the window...

Wait a moment.

There should have been a wardrobe beside it.

There was nothing.

Everything beyond the window was black.

Half the room had become a black space, and the door had disappeared into it. Even if I managed to stand up, I thought, there would be no way out.

Then, unexpectedly, I succeeded.

At the same time, I watched the black space continue advancing until the entire room had been reduced to a single point of light.

A strange point that never ceased to shine.

Amid the deepest darkness, the point of light drifted towards me.

Then I heard it laugh.

It seemed amused by my bewilderment.

It came closer...

and closer...

until it swallowed me.

Inside the point of light there was neither darkness nor light.

Only every possible universe...

and every instant of time...

passing before me.

That was when I woke up.






La visita del infinito

Me desperté temprano, como cada mañana, para ir a trabajar.

Cuando intenté incorporarme, descubrí que no podía moverme.

Pensé que aún seguía soñando.

«Despierta», me repetí.

Levanté la vista hacia el techo y a continuación mis ojos empezaron a recorrer los cuadros de las paredes, la ventana, y … ¡un momento! Al lado de la ventana había un armario. Miré en aquella dirección, pero al lado de la ventana no había nada. Todo era negro. La mitad de la habitación se había convertido en un espacio negro, y la puerta había desaparecido en ese espacio. De manera que aunque pudiera levantarme, no podría salir de la habitación, o eso pensaba yo, porque en ese momento intenté incorporarme y lo logré. Al mismo tiempo observé que el espacio negro siguió avanzando hasta reducir toda la habitación a un único punto de luz. Un extraño punto que no dejaba de brillar. En medio de la más negra oscuridad, el punto de luz se dirigió hacia mí, y yo podía oír su risa. Seguramente le divertía mi estado de estupefacción. Siguió avanzando hacia mí y en un momento determinado me engulló.
Dentro del punto de luz no existía la oscuridad ni la luz. Solo desfilaban, uno tras otro, todos los universos posibles y todos los instantes del tiempo.

Fue entonces cuando desperté.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmines - Jazmines

Sparks of Light - Chispitas de luz