Chronology of an Unfinished Event - Cronología de un suceso inacabado

An Unfinished Event 

It is midnight. The streets are deserted, and I set out for a walk beneath the light of the full moon.

The scent of jasmine fills the air, and I feel wonderfully at peace.

Everything is silent. The city lies asleep after the long day.

Suddenly, I hear a sharp click.

Then something strikes my head.

A thin stream of warm blood trickles over my left eyelid, blurring my vision. My head feels as though it is about to burst.

When I come to, I find myself lying on the ground in a pool of blood. I press my left hand against the wound, trying to ease the pain, but the warm blood keeps pouring out uncontrollably.

I hear footsteps.

I call for help.

Someone approaches.

His face is covered with a handkerchief.

He bends over me and asks,

"How are you?"

"Please... help me. I'm hurt."

The stranger straightens up and walks away.

I shout after him desperately.

"Call an ambulance... please!"

He keeps walking at an unhurried pace.

Then he turns around and simply stands there watching me without saying a word.

Today, many years later, I still remember the scent of jasmine and the pain of the wound, as though they had wanted to become inseparable in that single moment.

I also remember the harsh click, a sound I have never managed to associate with anything familiar, no matter how hard I try to understand what happened.

And I still wonder who that stranger really was...

Was he the one behind the click?



Un suceso inacabado

Es medianoche, las calles están desiertas y salgo a pasear bajo la luz de la luna llena. 

El olor a jazmín me embarga y me siento muy bien. 

Todo está en silencio y la ciudad duerme su profundo sueño del largo día. 

De repente oigo un chasquido y siento un golpe en la cabeza. 

Un hilo rojo de algo caliente resbala por el párpado del ojo izquierdo y apenas me deja ver. Mi cabeza parece que va a estallar. 

Cuando vuelvo en mí, estoy tendido en el suelo, en medio de un charco de sangre. Llevo mi mano izquierda a la herida para tratar de mitigar el dolor y la sangre caliente brota con una fuerza imparable.

Oigo pasos. 

Pido ayuda. 

Alguien se acerca. 

Tiene la cara cubierta por un pañuelo.

Se inclina y me pregunta:

-¿Cómo está?  

- Por favor, ayúdeme. Estoy herido.

El extraño se levanta y se marcha. 

Yo le grito desesperadamente.

- ¡Llame a una ambulancia. Por favor!

Se aleja con la tranquilidad de quien pasea. 

Se da la vuelta y me observa sin decir nada.

Hoy, después de muchos años recuerdo el olor a jazmín y el dolor de la herida, como si quisieran ir juntos en aquel momento.

Y recuerdo el chasquido estridente que soy incapaz de asociar con algo que me resulte familiar, para tratar de saber qué ocurrió. 

Me pregunto quién sería el extraño…

 ¿fue él el autor del chasquido?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmines - Jazmines

Sparks of Light - Chispitas de luz